Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority (ADFCA) is a Government Regulatory body accountable to the development of a sustainable sector in the field of agriculture and food safety with the objectives of providing safe food to the community and to protect animal and plant health in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi while promoting sound agricultural and food practices through effective and integrated policies, regulations, quality standards, research and awareness programs, beside the development of all laws, legislation, manuals and regulations on agriculture and food safety to be adhered to by concerned entities.
In accordance to ADFCA’s Vision and Mission and to ensure compliance with the Integrated Management System (IMS) requirements, ADFCA adhere to:
• Ensure all ADFCA Policies, operations and services are in compliance with applicable international, Federal and Local Laws, Legislations, Regulations, Degrees, Code of Practices including National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) standards and specification, Abu Dhabi Occupational Safety and Health System Framework (OSHAD- SF), and Abu Dhabi Information Security Program.
• Ensure this IMS Policy is appropriate to the purpose and context of the ADFCA and its operations and supports its strategic direction, including the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its operations and services and meets the needs and expectations of its relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure continual improvement of implemented Integrated Management System (IMS) by provision of appropriate resources and meeting organizational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including setting, monitoring and reviewing Environment, Occupational Safety and Health objectives and targets.
• Enhance ADFCA’s working culture by motivating employees, promoting team-work, voluntary work, improving personnel’s competence, enriching their organizational knowledge through appropriate training and development, in addition to improving the employees’ health and wellbeing, and shaping their attitude towards exceeding Abu Dhabi Government and ADFCA stakeholder’s expectations as applicable.
• Identify applicable environmental aspects and impacts and work accordingly to sustain the environmental resources and protect the environment, while preventing environmental pollution and other specific commitment(s) relevant to ADFCA context.
• Exercise effective environmental practices in handling, disposal, reduction of waste and reuse, recycle of paper, fuel, energy and materials.
• Identify, through effective Risk Management Program, all applicable occupational Safety and health hazards, and evaluate and mitigate potential risks to prevent injury and illness to all stakeholders.
• Ensure continual improvement in the Quality of Laboratory services by following Good Laboratory Practices and comply with relevant standards requirements to provide excellent services to stakeholders.
• Manage effectively all incidents that may cause disruption to ADFCA’s operations and services, by meeting the BCM objectives and Risk Appetite of the Societal Security Business Continuity Program within the defined scope of work.
• Ensure achieving the highest possible Food Safety, Quality and Hygiene practices through the professional food chain inspection in accordance with relevant Food Law, Policies, Legislations, Regulations, Degrees, Code of Practices and Guidelines.
• Provide professional customer services to maintain appropriate customer relationship and ensure all customers complaints and appeals are handled as efficiently and effectively as possible.
• Protect and secure information from unauthorized access, while maintain its confidentiality, integrity and availability by complying to applicable requirements of information security, information security risks management systems.
• Effective delivery of highest quality Information & Communication Technology services to intrested parties by implementing the Information Technology Service Management System.
• Establish and implement Comprehensive & Integrated Risk Management System as per ISO 31000 for effective management of all kind of risks that includes Corporate Risks, Quality, Environment, Occupational Safety & Health Risks, Business Continuity Risks, Information Security risks through the proper design of Risk Management Framework and implementing the explicit and proactive risk management system to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in ADFCA Operations.
• Motivating trainees and Conduct relevant training program with proper tools, skills, advanced ideas and techniques of training and development which includes identifying training needs, assessment, delivery method, and evaluation to achieve the relevant ADFCA performance objectives.
• Communicate this IMS policy to all persons working for or on behalf of ADFCA and make them aware, responsible and accountable for meeting IMS requirements.